Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

  Winter came with a vengeance last night. When I got up this morning, I didn't expect to see what I saw when I looked outside. I figured every expert tracker would be in the woods, but knowing how most deer react after a big snowfall, I decided it wasn't for me. I've always noticed that some deer do move the day of the storm as the storm tapers off, but usually the deer will move much more 24-48 hours after the storm blows out. I've studied this for years, and it has held true in every area I've ever hunted. 

  Although I wasn't hunting today, I did get out later in the day to ride a few roads to look around. In my travels, I met a young man walking down the road. He looked bushed, as I'm sure he was due to the amount of snow that came down. There was about 10-12 inches of new snow on top of the few inches that still remained from the other day. 

  Although I wasn't going to go out, I decided to check a place out for my dad shortly before dark. I knew it would be an incredibly short walk, and I just wanted to see if any deer had been in the area. I never cut a track in my short walk, so that answered all the question I might have had. 

  I'll probably get after it tomorrow, as more snow is predicted tonight. They say we have another 3-5 inches coming. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023

A New Home for my Hunting Journal

End of the Year Flurry