Monday, Oct. 7, 2024

  Today I rushed into the woods after school to help my dad set up a stand in a place he wanted it. Since I didn't want him overdoing it, I carried it in for him. After leaving him, I went in search of a place to set a camera and move another camera. 

  Being close to home and not having hunted this place in 20 years, I'm trying to figure a few things out and see what the area holds for deer. I haven't had much luck so far. However, I've gotten six bucks on camera so far but nothing big. I know there's at least one big buck in the area due to the sign I've found. I'm trying to narrow down his tendencies, but I haven't gotten anything that gives me the slightest clue what he's doing or where he's spending the majority of his time. It's getting a little frustrating. 

  On my way out of the woods tonight, I jumped three deer. While a giant doe and fawn ran a ways and stopped, another big deer never attempted to stop when it bolted out of the open area. I'm pretty sure it was a buck, but I can't be certain. The doe was one of the biggest does I've seen in a long time, and she didn't seem to have a care in the world about me interrupting her evening escapades. 

  When I met Dad at the truck at dark, he let me know he had an afternoon of no sightings. I'll be giving it a go in another spot tomorrow. Hopefully, the activity starts picking up. I haven't seen much of anything. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Year Flurry

Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023