Monday, Sept. 30, 2024

  I decided I would venture onto the land we own a short distance from the house. I briefly hunted on it during late muzzleloader last year and found a lot of sign. I hadn't hunted it in 20 years, and it was refreshing to be in a place where I had spent so much time in my early adulthood and teen years. 

  As I wandered through the woods, I felt good about what I was seeing. I never anticipated seeing so many scrapes and rubs, and some of the rubs were definitely made by something with a decent rack on it. 

  By the time the evening ended, I was in seventh heaven. My trip for the afternoon brought me back to a time when life was simple. I would head onto our land with no thoughts in the world other than finding a buck to shoot, and more times than not, I succeeded with my mission. It was a place that was easy to get to and also had enough deer to keep me entertained. I learned a lot about deer hunting.. and myself.. at that time. I'll be forever thankful for the trips onto the mountain after I got out of school in my teen years, then my trips there after work when I got out of college and had no time off. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Year Flurry

Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023