Thursday, Oct. 3, 2024

  Today I brought a young man with me because he doesn't have anyone to take him hunting. I'm also coaching him in archery, and his dedication and persistence is inspiring. He's a junior in high school, and he quit playing high school football to pursue competitive archery and give it everything he has to see where it can take him. He's doing well so far, and I see great things in his future. I believed it was only right to offer to take him hunting, so that's what I did. 

  Although it was warm today, the heat was the last thing on my mind. All I wanted to do was to show the kid a good time. At the end of the evening, I had accomplished that and we walked out of the woods in the dark. The quietness that consumed the darkness presented a calmness that only a hunter can understand. 

  When we finally reached the truck on our hike out, he was excited and talked hurriedly. I knew he had a good time and enjoyed the few hours we got to spend in the woods. It warmed me to the soul and made me realize how important it is to give back. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Year Flurry

Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023