Saturday, Nov. 25, 2023

   Today was a chilly one. When I got out of the truck, it was 12 degrees. I know it's chilly when my hands hurt while walking into the woods. This morning when we were all outside getting ready to leave, we heard a shot. I'm not sure what people are shooting at 5:00 in the morning, but it makes me wonder. Little things like that, although they are most likely harmless, make me feel a little uneasy. 

  I had every intention of going to a place I haven't gone this year, but 3/4 of the way into the trip, I was spent. I thought I had more in me, but I just had to tap out and sit in an area I hadn't planned on sitting. I also had a new pair of lined LL Bean wool pants on. They no longer make the pants I've always worn, so I decided to try the lined ones, and they were a little over the top. I'm going to have to decide what to do. I could use them for sitting, but I definitely can't walk any great distances with them on again. They were great for sitting the entire day, but I wouldn't want to go on a lengthy excursion with them on again. 

  Dad had a deer get by him today without seeing it well. He could hear it coming for a long time and thought it was behind him. His hearing is atrocious but he refuses to get help and look into getting a hearing aid. The TV has to be on almost 60 for him to hear it. It gives me a headache beyond imagination, and he can barely hear it, even at 60. 

  Anyhow, the deer was actually on the ridge in front of him, not behind him. So as he was looking behind him, the deer got by him before he saw the back of it. He never got a look at the head, but it had a pretty big body. 

  Brian shot a really nice deer at home today. He was pretty excited about it. He has been extremely moody this hunting season, and at times, it has been unbearable. We all tend to get down from time to time, but the negativity becomes a little too much at times. 

  The wind is supposed to howl again tomorrow, but it's supposed to come out of the east and southeast. Those winds are not good for any place I want to hunt. I'll have to figure out what to do. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023

A New Home for my Hunting Journal

End of the Year Flurry