Sunday, Nov. 26, 2023

   I had a hard time believing today was Sunday. It seemed like Monday the entire day. It was another chilly start, but at least it was 20 degrees. It warmed up about 10 degrees throughout the day, but the wind picked up to the rise in temperature didn't do much when the wind chill got figured back into it. 

  It took me about an hour to get to where I wanted to go. It was the first time sitting there this year. Upon my arrival a few minutes before daylight, a deer began blowing at me. I know it couldn't smell me due to it's location. I'm pretty sure the noise is what caused the chaos. It heard me walking in the crunchy snow, and when I stopped, it got nervous. After blowing for about five minutes, it finally made its way out of there. 

  I sat until about noon and never saw anything. After getting up, I wandered around for a bit and found a few places where the deer have been hanging out. I actually found a big rub that was made yesterday as well as a scrape. Being this late into the season, I was surprised by both. I took pictures, but this blog still won't allow be to upload pictures for some reason. 

  Once again, I heard shots while walking in the dark this morning. It makes me wonder what the people have been doing the last two days. 

  Dad didn't see any deer today, but he found where a guy decided to sit where he sat yesterday. After sitting until about noon yesterday, a guy walked down the ridge and sat in the same place. Are there ethics in public land hunting? That's the question of the day. You have 6 1/2 million acres in the Adirondack park, about half which is public, and you have to sit in the same place as another guy. I'm not sure, but I'd say that borders on the thin line of ethics. I could be totally wrong. Maybe it's just how it comes across to me today. 

  Dad also did some wandering around today, and he found a lot of sign too. It appears the deer are hanging out int he low stuff right now along the edge of swamps. There are an awful lot of dead areas right now. On my way out tonight, it looked like deer moved everywhere except where I camped out for the day. That's kind of how this season has gone so far, but it only takes a second to change one's luck. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023

A New Home for my Hunting Journal

End of the Year Flurry