Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2024

   This morning I woke up to a chill in the air that finally confirmed hunting season has arrived. It's a feeling that only hunters can relate to. The damp chill reminded me that I will begin the chase now that the temps have finally begun to cool off. The summer-like conditions have hung on far too long without any indication fall was on its way until today.

  I headed into the woods after work and wanted to go to a place where I believed I could kill a deer. I know the deer have been feeding heavily amongst some oak trees and figured that would give me a good chance. 

  As I got ready to head into the woods, the heavens let loose and soaked me. There was zero percent chance of rain... go figure. 

  Soaking showers happened from the time I went into the woods until I headed back to the truck. I never saw a thing, and I actually had a great feeling as I waited out the storms. 

  Tomorrow is supposed to bring some wind and rain, so I'll have to wait until then to make a decision as to what I do. I'm hoping things change soon. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

End of the Year Flurry

Monday, Nov. 27, 2023

Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023